- Review the preseason conference rankings.
- Follow all D1 teams throughout the season, noting big wins and losses.
- In January, a watch list is constructed and all teams are notified if they make the watch list.
- In February, teams who remain on the watch list will receive a WBI Contract.
- Teams can receive contracts through March 18th.
- Contracted teams are placed into the WBI Pool. You cannot be selected in the WBI if you are not in the pool. In order to participate in the WBI, a signed contract must be returned.
- Teams are picked based on RPI, record, conference standings, end of year performance, and quality wins and losses.
- The WBI field will be chosen after the NCAA Tournament field is announced. The main contact person for the University will be notified by a WBI representative.
2019 WBI Dates
Monday, March 18th – WBI Tournament Selection and Bracket Released
Wed. & Thurs., March 20th & 21st – First Round
Sun. & Mon., March 24th & 19th – Second Round
Fri. & Sat., March 29th & 30th– SemiFinal Round
Tues. & Wed., April 2nd or 3rd – Championship Round