- Review the preseason conference rankings.
- Follow all D1 teams throughout the season, noting big wins and losses.
- In January, a watch list is constructed and all teams are notified if they make the watch list.
- In February, teams who remain on the watch list will receive a WBI Contract.
- Teams can receive contracts through March 13th.
- Contracted teams are placed into the WBI Pool. You cannot be selected in the WBI if you are not in the pool. In order to participate in the WBI, a signed contract must be returned.
- Teams are picked based on RPI, record, conference standings, end of year performance, and quality wins and losses.
- The WBI field will be chosen after the NCAA Tournament field is announced. The main contact person for the University will be notified by a WBI representative.
2017 WBI Dates
Monday, March 13th – WBI Tournament Selection and Bracket Released
Wed. & Thurs., March 15th & 16th – First Round
Sat. & Sun., March 18th & 19th – Second Round
Wed. & Thurs., March 22nd & 23rd – SemiFinal Round
Sat. & Sun., March 25th or 26th – Championship Round